Saturday, June 9, 2012

Ephemeral Light

Ephemeral Light
6" by 9"
Mixed Media
by Amber Goulet
I have been playing with landscapes as subject matter of late. I'm enjoying the opportunity to employ abstract design, focus on mood, and play with broad symbolism. Above is my most recent finished work.

I was focusing on conveying mood through lighting. I blocked in the scene en plein air (on location) with open acrylics. Then later I used my photos from that day to finish this piece with oil pastels. I'm enjoying how the texture of the canvas is emphasized when oil pastels lightly overlay the acrylic underpainting. I believe the textures created add to the dreamy quality of light in this painting.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your interest in my art. I'm very curious to hear your thoughts. Cheers!