Friday, June 27, 2014

Whole Piece #72


"Whole Piece #72"
Oils on Panel
5" by 7"
This Particular Painting

In this painting I was most interested in capturing a softness in the expression.  I'm quite pleased with the result. This painting deserves a better photo, but I just couldn't wait to share it.

The Series

I'm in the final stretch of the series now, I finished Whole Piece #76 yesterday so that means just 24 more paintings to go! I've got a schedule marked down with no exceptions in my planner. Wish me luck! I've been reflecting a lot on the series of late and I have more ideas to share in my upcoming posts.

Exercising My Muse

I take photographs almost daily as well as paint. Often times those photographs capture some quality that gets me wanting to explore an idea in my art, whether it be a pose, expression, emotion, mood, color palette, pattern, or textures. I've decided to share some of these photos on a linked blog called The Muse's Routine. You can find the blog on one of the tabs at the top of this page.  Right now they are all nature photography (I live in the mountains.) but there are triggers for my art in man made objects and buildings as well, it just depends on the spot of this Earth I occupy that day. ;-)

Next

Mad, simply mad times...simply the madness of painting my days away. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your interest in my art. I'm very curious to hear your thoughts. Cheers!