Wednesday, April 2, 2014

"Whole Piece #42"

"Whole Piece #42"
5" by 7"
Oils on Panel
The Seven Day Sprint
"Whole Piece #42"
Side View
So far so good. I'm on track, I completed a painting yesterday and today. (I'll try to share yesterday's painting before the sprint is through. ;)) Eight more to go by next Tuesday midnight to hit my half way goal, painting #50, in the series of 100 paintings! In this painting I enjoyed portraying a bright light cast onto the face without a harsh light shadow contrast. I believe the coupling of a slightly opened mouth and subtle shadows are what intrigued me, as that combination I believe creates a sense of mood that is present but hard to define. That undefined mood feels like a good connection to experiencing face blindness and to many ponderous human experiences.

Next

I'm hoping to get two 4" by 4" paintings done tomorrow as to meet my goal I'll have to double up a few times. Back in September of last year I managed to complete three small paintings in one day to meet my 30 paintings in 30 days goal, so I know it is possible. AND, I am so lucky to have no distractions or other obligations in sight for tomorrow!

P.S. If you are new to the blog check out this post to learn about the series, and this post to learn how to join in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your interest in my art. I'm very curious to hear your thoughts. Cheers!