Saturday, March 29, 2014

"Whole Piece #17"

"Whole Piece #17"
5" by 7"
Oils on Panel
I'm Drawn to Noses

There is something about painting a nose that makes me think of a person's strength or pride. Perhaps it is that a nose boldly sits in the middle of a face buttressed by an internal structure allowing it to strongly project itself into the world. If I am not careful I could easily be drawn into making this a series of noses. :D Here I enjoyed bringing out the personality of this nose by slightly exaggerating it's lines (There is a bit more of a curve to the bridge of the painted nose than in real life.) and by pushing the color into a vibrant range.

Progression of a Series

Looking back at this particular part of the Whole Piece Series from last Fall and a couple of others I haven't posted yet makes me want to get back to this vibrant color range in more of the series. Though I still want the palette of these individual pieces to reflect what works best for each individual. 'Tis an interesting challenge in cohesion.

Next

Well, I haven't painted since thursday afternoon because I threw out my back while painting. :P So! I believe I am almost ready to venture in my painting world again. :)


P.S. You can have your facial feature painted too. Join in here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your interest in my art. I'm very curious to hear your thoughts. Cheers!