Sunday, September 8, 2013

"Betwixt," Daily Painting # 25

"Betwixt," Available (click here)
8" by 8"
Oils on Panel
Coulter Ridge

These golden clouds were hovering over the the gap between the desert well below and the distant mountains. The air was without moisture and air was rapidly cooling from the hot day as the light was already below the mountains behind me. It was so still, in a place that usually constantly whips wind with violence over the ridge to or from the desert. It felt as if I was so high that I was level with the clouds in peace.

Process

I focused on creating the dark cool mood. I kept my brushwork simple on the lower portion of the painting, so that the added texture and detail in the cloud's brushwork could sing.

Next

I would love to revel in some more glorious clouds. I'll see what I can come up with. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your interest in my art. I'm very curious to hear your thoughts. Cheers!