Monday, September 9, 2013

"Diffuse Calm," Daily Painting # 26

"Diffuse Calm," Available (Click Here)
Oils on Panel
8" by 8"
Santa Ysabel in the Spring

On the lead up to my wedding last Spring I was making the drive through Santa Ysabel often in the most beautiful time of year. It was gloriously green with cool moist air and piles of clouds. On this day I let myself get distracted from wedding prep and pulled off the road to glory in the leisurely moving air and the quite around me.

Process

I played with a scraping technique to give the textured feel of the grass in the field. I also used a softer brush than the usual stiff bristol brushes that I prefer to capture some of the soft transitions in the clouds.

Next


Clouds! (I think?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your interest in my art. I'm very curious to hear your thoughts. Cheers!